A Carol for Kent by Hallee Bridgeman

Where do I begin? This 3rd book in the Song of Suspense series has taken me on a whirlwind of emotions almost like I am on a never ending roller coaster ride with all the twist and turns! I thought I knew what was happening and then at the end I was like "What?! Oh my gosh I DID NOT SEE THAT COMING!" The shock of it all!! I have to say I enjoyed this book tremendously and here is why:

**Possible Spoilers**

In the beginning we learn about Carol and how she has a daughter named Lisa whose father we later find out is a singer. Carol has an interesting relationship with her child's grandparents, who told her years ago that their son did not want anything to do with the child. This is interesting because later on in the book we discover that they lied, and the reason they lied will make you shed a little tear.

Carol is an Assistant Commonwealth Attorney for the state of Virginia who tries murder cases. She works closely with the police in order to put criminals away. She has one strict rule: she does not date cops. This rule comes into play when she crosses paths with a man named Jack who is a detective that just moved to town.

Carol has a case of a serial killer that kill women. However, this case seems more personal from her perspective but she can never quite pinpoint why until she makes a frightening discovery. You have to read until the end. I thought I knew what was going on and who the "serial" killer was but I was very surprised at the end. Hallee did a wonderful job with that plot twist. I did not see it coming at all!

As she works this case with detective Mitch, Carol's personal life seems to be equally complicated.

Bobby Kent feels the need to return home to his parents' ranch and when he returns he discovers that for 8 years his parents have lied to him and kept from him the fact he had a daughter. This revelation causes him to drink but luckily he decides to call James, the main character from A Melody for James, who helps talks him off the proverbial ledge.

 Bobby goes into prayer the next day and makes some hard decisions some of which will affect not just his family but business as well.

He truly steps up in more ways than one not just for his daughter Lisa but also for Carol.

We are graced with the presence of familiar faces from both An Aria for Nick and A Melody for James that will give you all the feels!!!

Through faith, love, and forgiveness you see that a Carol for Kent has all the suspense and romance needed to make the perfect read! It definitely kept me on the edge of my seat until the very end!


https://www.amazon.com/Carol-Kent-Romantic-Suspense-Song-ebook/dp/B00K9WQ89G/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=carol+for+kent+hallee&qid=1586019318&sr=8-2


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Harmony for Steve by Hallee Bridgeman

Valor's Vigil by Hallee Bridgeman

Love's Eternal Breath by Naomi Rawlings

Flight of Faith by Hallee Bridgeman